badge

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

What would you do?

-If you saw someone cheating while taking a test? (you are taking the same test and you don't really know this person)

-If you saw a colleague breaking a rule?

-If you catch a neighbour throwing a banana peel from his/her window instead of using the dustbin?

-If you are aware that a friend is travelling in a bus/ train without a ticket?

16 comments :

  1. If you saw someone cheating while aking a test? (you are taking the same test and you don't really know this person)

    If its a comptetive exam, where your rank matters then i will complain. Otherwise, it doesnt really matter.

    -If you saw a colleague breaking a rule?
    Depends on the rule!


    -If you catch a neighbour throwing a banana peel from his/her window instead of using the dustbin?
    I will kindly tell them that this is causing problems to others. And if they turn hostile, I will pick up the banana peel (and more rubbish) and throw it back into their house.

    -If you are aware that a friend is travelling in a bus/ train without a ticket?
    Cant do much as the friend has already decided not to buy. But wont help him/her if the ticket inspecter comes checking.

    One of those rare occasions where my comment is longer than the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. not-really Mediocre Don't worry about the length of the comment..what really matters is the Content..Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. "Psst.. pass the chit here after you're done"

    2. "Wisen up, buddy, I hope you know you can get fired for this" and send him/her a link to the company's code of ethics.

    3. "Got any more of those bananas?" (At the same time rubbin my stomach)

    4. "Way to go dude! I admire your guts."

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, as an afterthought, maybe I'd say something to the erring neighbour, or colleague, or friend, but I'd definitely not expect them to change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Grey Vampire or is it Grey Umpire Just kidding.. well I have just thrown open these questions..and no one is judging u or anyone else for that matter, on the basis of ur answers. agreed im a teacher, but no one is testing u. Reallly!
    these questions re just to get u thinking.
    Besides I really did face the 1st situation and was not sure I handled it the way i wanted to, and therefore was wondering how anyone else in my place had reacted:)

    So.. dont get into comparisons..To each his own..what say?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Not a big thing, so wouldnt mind it.

    2) Depends on how serious it is. If it is something that I feel strongly about then I would talk to that person.

    3) If it's a pretty looking female then no questions will be asked. Absolutely!

    4) Will ask him to get the tickets, lest he should get caught? Wont tell him/her to get the tickets for any other reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way OT.

    Thx for blogrolling my humor blog ! Keep coming back for more.

    Cheers,
    Sudhir.P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheating in a test: Let him be. Tests don't make nor break anyone.

    colleague breaking a rule: "Hope u know what ur doing dude"

    neighbour throwing banana peel: (*curse*)

    Friend travelling ticketless: "Haffun"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know me doing anything is of no use;

    I have gotten my friend to buy the ticket forcefully once but then i realized whats the difference this guy will remain what he is.

    Exams i wouldnt do anything coz to me one is cheating the self by copying coz their knowledge is still in the book or neighbors paper.

    Its best to ignore these ppl because they are not bound to change..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ans 1)Ill ignore the person and conc. on my test...who has time for such idiots...
    Ans 2)i ask him to turn around and kick his butt!! :lol:
    Ans 3)I stare at him/her and start laughing loudly so that evryone on the street can see wat a cheap person he is...
    Ans 4)Ill force him to buy a ticket and keep pestering him...


    Ok...now...wat do i win for these answers???
    :lol::lol:

    ReplyDelete
  11. - उसे उसके हाल पर छोङ दो । आपके जैसे मैडम या मास्टर साहब किस दिन के लिए हैं ।
    - अगर वह बास का वह नजदीकी आदमी या मिला हुआ है तो चुपचाप नौकरी करो । नहीं तो उसे समझाओ ।
    - पहले उसे समझाओ , नहीं समझे तो एक दर्जन केले दूसरों के साथ खाकर उसके घर के दरवाजे के सामने छिलके रख आओ ।
    - अगर नासमझ मगर सच्चा दोस्त है तो टिकटचेकर आने पर अपना टिकट दोस्त को देकर खुद जेल जाने को तैयार हो जाओ । कोशिश तो करो फिर देखो
    उसमें परिवर्तन । अगर कामचलाऊ दोस्त है तो मुँह घुमाकर रहो ।

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmmmmmm....I have just one more question, to everyone who is reading this..WHY is there such a chasm between what we should be doing and whatwe will do?
    Why should we close our eyes and look the other way?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah, u r rite , there IS a BIG difference between what shud be done and what I'll actually do.

    here is my take:
    1) try to find if he has the ans to the Question that i donno.

    2) Warm him.

    3) make him pickup the banana peel and put it back into bin.

    4) wish him luck! and at the same time try to make him understand that its better to spend some money on tickets rather than being embarrassed and abused in public.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just couldnt help commenting here. Today only I had posted in my blog:

    "I dont know, I dont care and it doesnt make any difference"
    - Einstein.

    Guess it suits this post better than mine.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.