badge

Saturday, April 16, 2005

What was the best compliment you ever received?

I have just finished another exciting year of teaching Grade 4 children.

In all of the 12 years that I have been teaching, I have received many compliments from my students, colleagues and seniors.

Here are some of the best compliments I’ve ever received.

"I like the way you teach this subject",

"You are the best teacher in the whole world". (With a gold medal which said just that, and got crowned with a wreath of olive leaves ~~ Inspired by the Olympic games~~It has even made its way to a local tabloid, sans my name or pic)

"You are like my mother".

“You are so funny”.

“I like your ideas"

and many more…

Recently, I was very touched when one of the boys in my class came up to me and said, "Teacher, my mother is like you"

I think that was one of the sweetest compliments I’ve ever received.

What was the best compliment you ever received?

36 comments :

  1. How about " You are a dirty rotten spoilt stupid brat" from my teacher? That does count as a compliment doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Look at him...at his style....at his hair...at his specs...and he wears his wrist watch only on his right.......showoff...."

    My princi to my my mom when I was in 8th.....my mom and I laughed our heart out that day....after coming out of his room at 8:00 am in the morning....later she said...she laughed abt it all the way to her office which eventually she was late bcos this stupid man wanted to tell her this.....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Look at him...at his style....at his hair...at his specs...and he wears his wrist watch only on his right.......showoff...."

    My princi to my my mom when I was in 8th.....my mom and I laughed our heart out that day....after coming out of his room at 8:00 am in the morning....later she said...she laughed abt it all the way to her office which eventually she was late bcos this stupid man wanted to tell her this.....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really sweet and am sure this is one of the reasons you teach:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew compliments like
    "!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-- !--[endif]-->"
    coming for really small kids.

    Somebody must be really teaching advanced html coding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sangeeta, My father is a university professor and I consider him as my teacher.. he has spent lots of time advising me, teaching me and guiding me.The best compliment I have recd in my life is from him, on the day I got my 1st pay check. He said "I no longer need to worry about you". I noticed a sense of satisfaction and pride in his eyes. I had a sense of gratitude and greatfulness.

    I am always very envious of teachers and hope to get into that profession in the next few years.

    Pls continue to guide those tiny tots. In my opinion it is a great service.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best compiment I recieved was from a junior friend whom i taught - "U r the frendlest teacher and wisest friend". I had to give up taking tutions as i got more involved in my work (student work.

    It feels so nice to be special to someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son has recently taken a great interest in languages and in English literature, thanks to his current English Master. I think that is a great compliment. What a job Sangeeta, being able to influence young minds. Hats off to you all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Umm... I don't know about the best, but some good ones are -
    "You are an excellent listener, I feel like I can tell you anything and you are one of those rare people, who actually listen!"
    "I can count on you, any time!!"

    I wanted to be a teacher when I was young, but my dreams were kinda shattered when I started helping my kid bro in his studies and he would fight all the time!
    I though, may be I'm not that goos at it after all...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best compliment I recieved?

    "You did that????"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup I did that

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) good for u. but why no pics name for the olympic medal??
    ==
    well i remember for dancing at a friend's wedding, since i rarely dance, and though it was no big deal since it was differnt still remember it.

    but the best hmmmm when my husband and younger sis not only tolerates me for what i am but adore me inspite of what i am to them :D i guess thats a big compliment :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. ummm i got this one
    "Wow, so u r a human being after all".. Lolz :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was from an exceptionally good looking friend of mine. Both of us were looking into the mirror together, and suddenly he said, "Yes, dude, you're catching up! Slowly but surely!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. A friend once told me "There are very few people on whose shoulder you can cry. You are one such to me"
    very sweet post

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice ... real nice.. the mother ones are pretty sento.. hw did u react?

    once sm1 told me.. 'i dislike ur beard, i dislike ur looong hairs, i dislike ur laugh, i dislike ur ears, and i like u...'

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best compliment I every recieved? Ferrero Rocher chocolates from Prabhu Ferrari! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uhm, I hurt my toe once, and it was bleeding all over. It looked wayyyyyyyy gross, with dry blood all over, and flies trying to sit on it, all this in th middle of National Market, Bangalore.
    And the person I was with told me, "You have pretty toes.."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hmm... so you are a teacher? nice to know abt you...

    best compliment i've received - "you're such a mommy character!"

    one of my friends told this to me...

    ReplyDelete
  20. "You should get more selfish"

    Actually an advice, but I took it as compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please remove the sporadic HTML codes from the blog (unless they are meant to create some effect). They are like the flies on the bloody toes of Miss Sita (up there somewhere).
    Yes, I hope you visit my blog often. With my low tolerance level for other blogs, I am amazed I've read 6 of your posts till now....Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow u sure got a lot of compliments ..
    i think the best compliment i ever got was someone telling me that iam enchanting..made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey My mom is just like you is a great compliment.

    Now how about

    My blog is just like yours

    Its a sweet compliment too :P

    ReplyDelete
  25. Best compliment. When one small kid in thailand walked up to me and touched my dimples. And smiled. That was the best compliment I received till date :-p

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are lucky, to receive such a good complement.

    I don't remember any heartful complements in my work life.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have a very small area allocated to store compliments so it keep overwrite one another everytime I got the compliment....and this usually happened every other day...;)
    but u got quite a nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely compliments those are surely !!! Compliment me hmm -- " Yeah there is this kid whom i always see for the last 10-12 years . Now he has grown up and the other day he came upto me and said - "i've seen u for so many years now but nothing of yours has changed in all these years. Your style, your dressing, your manners, your bike, your body.".

    ReplyDelete
  29. undoubtedly the best compliment ever:
    'I love you.'

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's Wickedddddddd Sriram!..the teacher shd be flogged for labelling u..

    LOL Phantom Im sure u had a great laff..what was the Principal thinkinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng?

    Yep yep! Wookie the one and only reason...

    Satosphere got the hint...will surely brush up on my HTML as soon as i get time:(

    ReplyDelete
  31. Venky Touching one that...

    Sudhir It sure is..I feel very special....when all those kids look up to me..to them..I am the world:p

    Thanks Uma :-)


    Im sure Nupur you are good in whatever u do....so Smile...

    Gosh Alex that reminds me of what my History teacher said..when I scored good marks in History....She actually asked me whether I had copied:P


    Well Wise donkey I have the link to this news item..but..i'm not gonna share it for obvious reasons...

    Heheheheh! Shantanu Now that's a funny one!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That's real sweet Animesh..Now when are we going to see ur pic on ur blog?

    Wow...Touching one that Pisku and Thanks!!!

    Uhmm Himadri I gave me a hug:P

    i must say u get very sweet compliments Praveen

    hey that was sweet Sita..beauty as they say..lies in the eyes of the beholder..and welcome to my world...

    Thanks a lot for that compliment Arvind
    and now..me goes and Googles out HTML Tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gee thanks.. Akshay That sure was a sweet way of complimenting me:p

    Wowie Dreamcatcher reminds me of the time when a gurl ..a total stranger who complimented me on my voice and which she said had made her day..

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Prabhu That was choo chweeetttttt!

    Hang in there, my dear Kiran Kumar..u'll get there soooon!

    yeahhhhh..Life is so good..isn't it Red?

    So which one is ur latest Tarun?

    Wow! Tarun I have only been complimented on my voice and eyes..

    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!Amitken Kaun hai woh?

    ReplyDelete
  34. many ... but none which can match this ...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Kpower...sweeet of u to say that

    ReplyDelete
  36. This reminded me of a funny incident during my MS, which was too big of a comment, so made it a post on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.