One day last week, when it was pouring heavily in Chennai and I decided to stay home and blog hop, my toe got stuck in toerag.blogspot.com. The blogger's latest post was about 100 things one should do in life. Now the Internet is full of such things, but something made me go through each of those 100 tips. What was that something? Was it that something which had brought me there in the first place? What was that something anyway? Or was it someone, instead of something? It was someone, I realised, as Sangeeta popped up on my screen. She said Hi, held my hand and took me on a guided tour of Toeragz. There, hidden in a corner of the screen, I found several small pieces, soaked in compassion and sensitivity. The pieces pick out the tiniest of human emotions which most of us tend to miss out.
My favourite is the short, short story about a woman addicted to blogging. And of course, her experiences with the tiny tots. There are many more, and many more going to come. And today is Toeragz’ first birthday. I wish to raise a toast because a blog's birthday is no less significant than a blogger's. A simple detail will explain that: just click on Sangeeta's profile and you will see it has been viewed by a few thousand people. Of them, a hundred must be returning every month to take a look, and of those hundred, a few dozens must be returning every week. And at least a dozen of them click on Toeragz every day: they are people who love Sangeeta, rather people who have grown to like Sangeeta. And she has accomplished all this without even stepping out of home.
That's the amazing thing about blogs: it connects hearts and minds without the help of middlemen. Physical presence is not at all necessary. In any case, it is the mind that matters. So here's raising a toast to blogging and to the great mind. Happy birthday Sangeeta, er, Toeragz.
- Bishwanath Ghosh
Thank you Bishwanath, for your kind words (me's blushing) To conclude this post, I have listed a few of my favourite posts
(I tried to look for the top 10 but could come up only with 8.
(Fishing for compliments.*Wink Wink*)
Uhmm, post The Great Indian Comedy Show, I would love to rename this post as Pehchaan Kaun? LOL
HAPPY B'day TOERAGZ....!
ReplyDeleteAll the best Sangy....keep movin....
Cheers!
:)
Oh my god we started our blogs on the same day ;)
ReplyDeletehappy 1st birthday toeragz ;)))) we love ya ;)
Birthday wishes !!
ReplyDeleteonly difference is that its ur blogg B'day and i was born on this day
ReplyDelete* Happy Birthday TOERAGZ *
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by :) and even though I've not read or shared your blog thoughts in the past year I hope to share some for the remaining years to come
Happy Birthday Sangs, lots of blog birthday happening at this moment. Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your bloggie..i've blogrolled you..thanks for commenting on my blog..please keep coming back!!
ReplyDeleteWhen's the treat??
Happy b'day toeragz
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHappy b'day to ur bloggie!
ReplyDeleteHi there!
ReplyDeleteI'll be a regular visitor to your blog via RSS from now.
Hey, U don't seem to have RSS or Atom feeds. Please enable via Blogger settings & let me know.
ReplyDeletehappy birthday, blogspace...soace shares are privileges humans accord each other, whatever be the medium...
ReplyDeletewow one year in the blogworld . just keep going ..
ReplyDeletemmm i'm going thru those posts :)
ReplyDeleteWoweee....congrats...
ReplyDeletekeep spreading the joy, as you have done til now!!
how come I missed this post :( am confused..
ReplyDeleteanyway, let me wish u a belated blog b'day... better late than never..
Its been wonderful year knowing u thro' ur blogs and i simply love ur small incidents tht happen with the kids at ur school..
long way to go still.. so, don't stop :)
congrats...keep the sprit going
ReplyDeleteBelated wishes!!!
ReplyDeleteHow have u been Lady?? :-)
Happy Birthday Toeragz for completeing one year. Here you are who have completed one year on the same blog and here I am who is changing the blog everyyear. Anyway here is my new blog I hope to remain in my new blog at least for a year.
ReplyDeleteSeason's greetings to you.