For the past few weeks though, I have been hooked on to a late night televison show on Star One. The Great Indian Comedy Show!! ( What were you thinking?)
This aptly named show has its own brand of satire with all the subtlety of beating drums. Be it a spoof on long-drawn soaps or a takeoff on a celebrity, or a take on trite everyday situations, I have tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so much each time
It's so hilarious it will make you laugh so hard your sides hurt.Give it a try. Too, too funny!
Meanwhile watch this video Tau ke Bole which is a regular feature on the show.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I am on a roll with the funny/whacky/stupid, here's one on idiots!
Really? You don't like tee-vee? I LOVE it. Keeps me alive. especially Sports, HBO and Star World. Will try that Star One show, now that you mention it.
ReplyDeleteThank god you are not one of them who faithfully sit and cry along with the dumb mega serials.
ReplyDeleteAll these make me wish there were comedy shows equivalent to Seinfeld or Friends or Will and Grace coming through the local cable channels.
Its absolutely no surprise that a GAL dosent watch TV. Most of the gals i know are glued to their books preparing for exams that are months away, reading novels, etc....etc.
ReplyDelete"THE GREAT INDIAN COMEDY SHOW", not alwez a late night televison show, does seem to be a comical entertainer nevertheless, but for certain episodes when spiderman attends an interview for a job n things like that....
I m pretty sure that u have better comedy serials around if not necessarily on star one :)
As i'm a Chennai guy..no pay channels without STB. Nowadays not watching TV that much- though i used to be an addict :)
ReplyDeleteDo you watch Pogo-just for laughs and Weekly Funny Clips..they r too good!
I don't like TV either, and those sasu-bahu and most of other serials are contempt to one's intellect. How can People glued to their TV 9 to 12 everyday?
ReplyDeleteHey thanks for adding me!!
ReplyDeleteThis may sound kiddish but I love watching cartoons...lol!
Beats all that Saas Bahu crap and the "I love him...he loves her....she loves god knows whom" stuff any day.
So everyday after work its an evening date with Nickelodeon...hahaha
And hey! Have blogrolled you too
ReplyDelete:)
hmm... good that u don't watch soap operas... :)
ReplyDeleteBut the Great Indian comedy show... is a copy of the Shekar Suman's program right??? i forgot the name of that one....
I do watch TV Animesh..but..only on a rare occasion when I'm not able to access the net.
ReplyDeleteJinu...Im no techie here..what code do i change? try getting firefox..i guess that will solve the problem
Prasad, The Great Indian Comedy Show ain't no copy.. Shekar Suman..I hate his guts
Jv..I don't know that either!
Throws up a fit! My cable operator doesnt show Star World:-(( Mistress...:-((
ReplyDeleteThere must be..optimist...but I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve this one..
Alex..u are welcome. Uhhh Cartoons...I used to love them myself..until I realised how much violence is depicted in them.. Tom is hitting Jerry on the head..and kids are s'posed to laugh! How insensitive is that! they carry forward the same attitude everywhere.. I have often watch someone fall while others are standing by and having a good laff..:( Im not saying all cartoons are like that
Sathish..I wish that too
* Sigh
Hi,came here from Prasad's blog.and ur absolutely right abt TV,i dont like to sit before it for longtimes,but then Starone for once is refreshing,Great Indian comedy show,and another comedy "sarabhai vs sarabhai".its always good to watch something which makes us laugh:))) u have a nice blog here,keep posting.
ReplyDeleteThanks Neelima, glad u share my views on TV viewing. I've watch Sarabhai a few times too..manages to evoke quite a few laughs..a funny one that too
ReplyDeleteGlad u liked my blog, keep visiting
:D
ReplyDeleteI am hooked to reality tv shows!!
I can watch - Survivor, The Amazing Race, Australia's Next Top Model, My big Fat obnoxious Fiance and the likes any day...!!!
LOL!!!
I am not sure who really watches all these Tu tu main main shows anymore. Most of us are really pissed off with the same story being retold umpteen number of times.
ReplyDelete